New recipes are constantly being created and tested in the Flavorseal kitchen with one goal in mind – to make quick, delicious, and healthy meals for you to make at home. And based on the lineup outside the lunch room, this week’s recipe was a huge success.
On the menu this week was Chicken Pot Pie. What made this recipe so delicious? The rich, full flavor added by using the Flavorseal Homestyle Gravy Liner. With the seasoning pre-applied, prep time was nearly non existent and the quick and easy cleanup also created reasons for smiles.
Try it and tell us what you think!
Super Easy Chicken Pot Pie:
Flavorseal Homestyle Gravy Liner
2–3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
¼ c. water
1 bag frozen vegetable mix (carrots, peas, beans)
1. Unfold liner and place into slow cooker, gently pushing sides so that liner is evenly spread out. Fold unseasoned side of the bag over slow cooker edges to hold it in place.
2. Place chicken thighs in the slow cooker.
3. Pour water over chicken thighs. Cover the slow cooker and place on low for 7 hours (whatever your slow cooker manufacturer recommends).
4. Lift lid. Break apart chicken with a spoon. Pour in frozen vegetables and stir well. Replace cover on slow cooker and continue to cook until vegetables are cooked.
5. When vegetables are done, stir again. Turn off heat and remove lid to allow cooker cool slightly (approximately 10 minutes). Gravy will thicken as it cools.
6. Split buttermilk biscuits on a plate. Ladle chicken over biscuits and serve.